Friday, January 8, 2010

3 things

I have just been reflecting today, not feeling too good and just laying around playing with the little kids. As they use my body as a "mountain" for their trucks, a jungle gym to do tricks on, or a ramp to jump off of. Laying there I was just thinking.

I am thankful. I am so very thankful for many things. Today, as I am the vast majority of the time, I am most thankful for Mattie. He is spectacular.

Let me just share with you 3 things that happen every day. 3 things I hear literally every single evening.
Matt arrives home from his long day at work, the kids swarm him...especially Gus these days~adorable! He makes his way into the kitchen where I most always am at that time of day. I hear 3 things, almost verbatim every day.

#1- One of two things. "Hey babe, how was your day?" Or "Hello my
love, how was your day?"
These are asked always excitedly and sincerely and always with some sort of hug/kiss or if I am lucky and providing there are no children present, maybe something a little more PG-13 rated! Ha!
#2- Again, one of two. "What can I do to help you?" Or "What do you need me to do?"
I could tell him I need a foot massage and he'd do it...maybe I should. Humm.
#3- After helping me if I need it, or not. "I am going to go mess around with the kids."
After which he trots off to let the kids attack him! He gives them his full attention for as long as they want. He's up for what ever they want to do! Lucky ducks!

Never does he walk in the door and need to rest or relax. No "winding down" necessary. no plopping in front of the tv. I haven't ever heard him say that he needs a minute or heard how exhausted he is. Even when he was off to a second job directly after, I always heard those 3 things. Well, actually there are 4 things...but its of a suggestive nature and even for me, some things need to remain private!!


I know people get tired of hearing this kind of stuff from me and maybe this is a little bit of an "I love Matt" blog...but so what! I don't care, it is just plain true. He is too darn good to me to not shout it out!

I had to put this picture in because the girls and I found it the other day. The funny thing is they said "what happened to his face?" I guess they thought this hilariousness with the bleaching was pretty funny!

3 comments:

Linny-lou said...

Awww!! I never get sick of hearing stuff like that! I'm so glad my big sister found such a wonderful guy to take care of her!

I know that the family hasn't had the greatest impression of Steven, but I hope one day soon you guys can get to know him better. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You are one lucky lady. Maybe he could teach a class.

Lloyd Family said...

I would never get tired of hearing these things. Matt is awesome. You guys are an example of what marriage should be.