Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nice, nice Papa!


Well Papa and Oma came out for a visit,which is always a fantastic thing. The Hello is the joyous part, Goodbye...well that is just painful for the kids. Every stinkin time. It hasn't really gotten any easier.

My Dad has this little game/greeting he does with the little kids every time he sees them
"Nice, nice Papa"
From the time they are born until they can do it themselves, every time he sees them he takes their little hand and strokes his cheek saying
one time- Nice
two times- Nice
A little pat on his cheek- Papa!

It doesn't take long for the little one to walk up to Papa and just start rubbing and patting his face. I couldn't believe it, but Gus remembered it just by hearing my Dad start to say "Nice, nice Papa!" It was precious.

Gus LOVES his Papa!
They all do :)

My Dad had to leave before my Mom did and I don't think Cy quite understood that he was not coming back to stay like Oma. He kept saying that Papa went to work like Daddy did. I knew it was going to hit him. It did and he cried a lot. Then the next day he comes up to me with 3 pennies.
"Here Mama."
"Thanks Cy."
"I wanna buy a ticket"
"A ticket?"
"I need to go see my Papa today."

How many stories have we had about missing Oma? Too many to count and it never seems to change. Taite still struggles the most, but all of the kids talk about Oma and Papa all the time. I don't know, we might just have to move back some day :)

What do you think?

5 comments:

Hunter Haven said...

YES! YES! YES! MOVE BACK anywhere in the West. Oh how I have repented of ever complaining about the short 45 minute drive to Eagle Mountain. What would I give for that short trip today and everyday?

I'll help with the move, too! Anything you ask of me, it's a done deal!

I miss you guys so much! Papa misses you all, too. Oma Great cries often as she misses your "stop-by visits." AND then there is Megan & Logan. They ask me to repeat every Johnson kid story they can come up with.

We are all ready for "the move" and my knees are tired from all that praying time.

I LOVE ALL YOU JOHNSON!!!
Lots of hugs from Utah,
Oma

Michelle said...

The house next door to us is up for sale... :) What a sweet post, I love the nice nice papa. So fun to have little things like that that are so special between your kids and their grandparents. I've been thinking about you lately. Hope you're doing well.

Huish Family said...

Just give me the word and I will call Bronco...

Love you and miss you. :)

Kelli Proctor said...

UMMM...I think that moving back would be AWESOME! We totally miss you guys! But in the mean time it is a huge blessing your parents get to visit you guys a lot, but definetly not enough I am sure! Love you guys!

Loftus' said...

Yes, yes, please come back - you guys are missed! Glad your parents are able to come out often and visit.