Thursday, August 12, 2010

It will be me

Look at that face.

Here is how the conversation began, the other night at our daily dinner time discussion Ellery said something about how fun it will be when they all have kids and I am an old Granny. That is what I will be called, I have already decided ~ Granny. We were discussing what Matt would like to be called and he was being difficult. Abuelo (however you spell it, I am not Spanish you see so I don't know. I wish I did speak Spanish, add that to my list.) He kept saying Abuelo, Matt isn't of Spanish descent either, it doesn't fit and we were irritated that he was messing with us. My Mom is Oma, but she is German and went to Germany on her mission, it fits. But no Abuelo. This is a tangent.

The kids and I decided that Gramps was more fitting :) Granny and Gramps. "Mommy, can we go to Granny and Gramps' house? Puleeeeez?!" That is what they will say.

That discussion led me to ask (perhaps stupidly,) "So who do you think is going to get married first?" My point was that the 3 girlies are so close in age they could possibly all come to that stage at the same time. I should have known better. A competition was implied, I guess, as I asked who would wed first. As soon as the words left my mouth Taite blurted out...

"Oh, it will definitely be me. Cuz I am really the prettiest." She said smartly without even so much as looking up from her plate. Just stating a fact in her world, she even had to add "really."

It was dead silent, except for the word duh running through my head. That is how she said it, "Duh" could have been the last word she said. I was just so stunned and didn't know whether to laugh or scold her. Bailey and Ellery were NOT amused. Taite saw their faces and quickly added an insincere and hollow "Well, well.....we're all pretty." With a rather disingenuous smirk on her face it was less than convincing. Is she really just 4?

She is rather filled with adorableness though!

This is her first little summer piano recital. It is very casual, but she surprised us all when they went off to the side and then all came back on to "stage" for bows. She had slipped her sun glasses on. Very cool and full of "tude"

*For the record I think all my girlies are equally beautiful and scrum-diddly-umptious! I could kiss each one of their faces off and eat them up! Just ask them, I try on a daily basis.

3 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OH MY! This totally made me laugh out loud!

Dev, you are in for it! I remember the stress of having my younger sister being a sophmore and me a senior. All the boys my age...my friends (the traitors) wanted to date HER! The nerve! :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! At least you don't have to worry about self-esteem issues with that one! So cute!!!

TheShippenFamily said...

Maybe they will all get married the same day! That would be craziness.
Taite is adorable and I love her wit.