Monday, August 16, 2010

I just sit back and laugh


Ellery
The girls have really been on a mom-is-not-girly-enough kick lately. I feign injury, but really I think it is pretty funny. I just wonder when they started picking up on it. Anywhoo, Ellery comes up to me the other day and said, and I quote,

"Mommy, do they have classes for grown-up ladies?"
"What kid of classes?"
"Classes for you. You know....help with beauty."
The confusion and shock must have been evident on my face.
"No, you are BEAUTIFUL...... (She back-pedalled) Just help with like, make-up and shoes and stuff. Just cuz you aren't really into that."
Too funny!

Bailey
We purchased some "Flarp" the other day. Flarp, for the unknowing is silly-puddy stuff that makes fart noises. Really annoying stuff, but the kids love it. They were so excited that I actually let them have some. I said they could not open it in the car, but they wanted to just "hold" it. I look back and Bailey is gazing at it like it is a new born pup I swear. Then I hear her reading with excitement.
"It is made in CHINA!! Cool."
Then very quietly almost with reverence...."Those chinese are geniuses."
That is it, that is all the qualifications needed for becoming a genius, produce flarp.

Another one
I over heard the other day Bailey talking to Taite. They were having an argument, but no yelling, no rudeness so I was letting them work it out. Neither was budging from their stance and Bailey was getting irritated. All of the sudden she says with a firm, deep voice...

"Taite, you are going to rue the day....RUE the DAY!"

Taite
I was working on the computer the other day and the kids were driving me C.R.A.Z.Y!!! Every five seconds something. I went in to solve the last federal emergency, issued a stern warning and returned to my business. Not before I hear Taite issue a warning of her own to her fellow siblings.

"Hey, Mommy is starting to look irritable. Puleeeeez don't make her irritable."

I decided to pretend to be coming back in with "irritable-ness" overflowing. Entering the room with grumpy face and all, Taite looked up at me and when she saw my face said,

"Oh, crap. It's too late."

When she saw I was kidding she thought I had made a pretty good joke.
"You are kinda funny Mom!"

The rest of the afternoon was shot for my obligations, playtime and tickle wars had already begun.

Cyrus
I have mentioned our potty-training drama, so our life is a lot about potty training and all the glories that come with it. Including awareness of ones body :) So if little boys discussing body parts bothers you...skip on down to Gus, actually you just might want to be done!

Cy is very aware of his pee pee now that we are trying to get the ball rolling on this whole potty thing. We have tried all the suggestions and things we already know to do to no avail, including going naked quite a bit. He was not really a fan at first of being naked, but then he discovered the joy of it (I mean, joyful isn't it really:))
This is how I knew he was changing his opinion. We got home from swimming and he took off all his swimming gear. He looks at me and says,
"Hey Mommy, can I leave my wiener out? I want to leave my wiener out."

Days later he was again, sporting the all-natural look. He walks over and says whilst squishing his man parts,
"Hey Mommy, what are these balls in my wiener?" I about fell off the chair laughing. He did not understand my laughter, he wanted answers.

Lastly, but not least he barged in on me getting out of the shower and his eyes got big and round momentarily. Then he chuckled to himself and said,
"Oh, yeah! (chuckle, chuckle) I forgot someone took your pee pee Mommy."

Gus
This little man is just so full of fun and is so obviously adorable there is not much he can do to take away from that. Even his little phase of taking off all his clothes and diaper 14 times a night. Or when he insists on going from room to room and drawer to drawer emptying all the contents into a big pile. Or when he puts toothbrushes in the toilet. Or when he gets IN the toilet. Or when he eats the cat food. Or empties the pots and pans cupboard 22 times a day.

Except........ when he shoves things up his nose multiple times a day. We are talking way up there people, so far that I can't reach it with tweezers. Here is a small list of only his favorite items ;
*grass
*curling ribbon (8 inches, yes I measured. It just kept coming)
*a pen lid
*caps and lids of all kinds
*the last piece of gum that Taite really wanted
*bugs plural
*chewed up pieces of paper. (chewed up? why?)
*candy
*tape
*beads
*polly pocket's hair brush
*little, itty, bitty wheels
*erasers
*pretzels
*wrappers
*a straw from the broom -all the way up there
*a small grape
*cereal
The list goes on

Yesterday he had a rock wedged so tightly I thought we were toast. It is not just his nose, but ear too. And it does get worse.

Worse when he packs poop ~ YES I said POOP in his ear. It was like a poop earplug people! What the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at a loss!

But I love him SO!

7 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OH MY HECK! That is EASILY the funniest post I have EVER read! REALLY!! I have just laughed so hard! Then I read it to Ryan's secretary and she laughed and then Ryan's bro-in-law and he laughed!

I LOVE IT!

Andrea said...

Sooooooooo funny. Please, don't succumb to your daughter's plead of making you girlie. I like having a friend, who like me, hates shopping and all that crap.

We're potty training Trevor too and I just gotta say, the things that come out of his mouth about body parts is just hilarious. I should try to write them down like you have.

Kelli Proctor said...

oh my goodness Dev! These are hilarious! GOod thing you wrote these down, you will never want to forget how cute your little people are! You are an awesome mom!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! Hilarious! I caught myself laughing out loud several times! Glad I'm not alone! :)

Erin said...

wow! so funny even reading them after hearing them! i totally laughed out loud too! miss you guys! and poo, what the heck for sure! he sure is cute! all of them are!

Loftus' said...

Your kids are so funny!! I love that you do this - inspires me. I always forget to write the funny stuff down, and this makes me want to start - thanks for the laughs!!

Lloyd Family said...

Kids are hilarious. Yours just keep getting more and more adorable! Really? Poop in the ear? Sheesh.