Friday, August 13, 2010

Just trying to find a little relief

Well as you all know by now, I am NOT... I repeat NOT a fan of heat. I know the whining gets old, but I can barely stand it. Especially when around here it gets to be 95* with 96% humidity ~ that is just wrong, I don't care who you are.
So our remedy to keep Mom from going insane was to purchase a pool pass (thanks Grandpa!) We are there literally 5 or 6 days out of the week and the kids LOVE it :) It has this fabulous little gated toddler area and then the girls can play all they want in the "big kid" pool too. A mother's dream, I just get to sit back in the kiddie pool and watch the happy madness.

Hooray for the Pool!

Sisters showing off their new swim suits from Oma because they
completely wore out their other ones!

He is a spaz in the pool, but spends and equal amount of time doing this....checking out the drain and shoving random things down there. I am sure the pool staff loves us.


Now to close this post I am going to share this awesomeness with you. These ladies are at the pool every day and they bring me joy because they truly work it. Princess Leia totally rocks in this metallic material swimsuit. Shiny delight. The pic doesn't do justice, it truly shimmers in the sun. I love her.

This lady sits there and literally does not move for hours. Except one time when she jumped in and then back up out of the water and yesssss..... her top slid right off. Classic.

There you go, I share a little bit of my view with you. You are welcome :)

8 comments:

Megan said...

The pictures are priceless (including the last two!). I am not a fan of heat either...I wish for random snow storms during the Summer! Enjoy the rest of your Summer with those hotties at the pool.

Bertasso Family said...

Oh wow...Hmmm... All I can say is our girls got an eyeful on the first day of swimming lessons when they walked through the girls restroom. I'm just glad they didn't say anything. Actually, I think the same old lady was there every day after swimming lessons. What is it with these people?

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Thanks for the reminder that heat and high humidity are horrible. The pool does look like a relief though. Thanks for sharing your view. It's spectacular.

Kari Davis said...

Love...love that you posted this.... totally makes me laugh! Miss you being around girly!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Ok, that just gave me the giggles! Oh my!

Glad you are enjoying the pool. Seriously, the second it gets over 85 I am the biggest baby. Ironically the second it gets under 60 I am the biggest baby too! Hmmm....I am still convinced California...scratch that...Hawaii is the place for me! :)

The Johnson Family said...

I am with you Amy, except I ReJoIcE when it dips below 60! We are talking major happy dance :)

Logert said...

Aunt devyn that is so funny :)

Lloyd Family said...

Oh my goodness Dev. LAUGH MY BUTT OFF!!!!