Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fun with Papa and Oma!

It was such a great time having Papa and Oma here for a long weekend. Ellery really wanted to go bowling for her birthday! So we went out and hit the lanes! It was hilarious to say the least and I think it is now officially the kids' favorite thing to do. We had a great time!

The older two girls were really pretty good, here is Ellie's ball headed right down the middle with no help from the bumpers. She was pretty serious about the whole thing...surprise surprise, checking the scores out constantly!

Taite, as always, was just in it for the fun! She was hilariously cheering everyone on and dancing all over the place! She barely missed her own toe at least 5 times, just dropping the ball straight down.


Papa and his buddy Cy. He was adorable. Every time he, or anyone else bowled he would stand there cheering..."You can do it!!!" He was loving it!

As always, I am just all about "style" Ha! What ever, I hung in there with the boys. I had a commanding lead in the first game, but choked big time on the last couple frames...lets somehow blame it on being pregnant, shall we? That always works, right ladies!

Dad the Pro. Good form!

Matt kept cracking me up. He was awesome, as usual with anything athletic. We were congratulating him and with a straight face he replied, "Well, I did take a couple of bowling classes in college." What?!? Big football jock took bowling? Definitely before we started dating, or I don't know.... what a nerd!

I feel bad, there are no pictures of my Mom. She hurt her knee pretty badly and was the designated camera lady. That and trying to keep Gus happy, always a big chore when he sees anything with any kind of a ball going on.

It was so adorable, Gus was a BIG fan of my Dad! He would run to him and lean for him. He is a Papa's boy for sure! It made my heart melt. Here he is at the end of bowling...he had definitely had his fill of being left out!

2 comments:

J Fo said...

How fun! I can't believe that Ellery is 8! Happy Birthday sweetie! Looks like you had a 'ball' with Logan an Di! ;)

Hunter Haven said...

We had so much fun with your entire family!! We did not want to go home. Bowling was a blast & we need to make it an absolute tradition. Whenever & wherever we are together, we need to find a bowling alley and PLAY! It would be so fun for your little ones to look forward to that and count on us breaking away from whatever the reason we got together & just play!
I love you all tonz, Oma