Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas a little early

While my parents were here, we had an early Christmas with them. The girls were very excited about wrapping their gifts for them and excited to get to open presents early too! It was a fun night.

This was the number one gift on Taitem's list this year! Of course she was hoping that Santa was bringing it, so when she realized that Oma...her precious Oma had given it to her well before Christmas, excited doesn't begin to describe!

Just a little bit happy, ya think?

This was the extent of Gus' interest at this age..."Ah! Something to climb on!"

Such a cutie though.

Cy has a small obsession with Diego, so I knew he was going to love this. He even makes us call him Cyrus Diego sometimes. When he was opening it, he kept saying "Is it? Is it?"

Think they are a little excited about their MP3 Players?



This picture just makes me happy. I LOVE to have my back tickled...I even pay the kids as often as I can convince them to tickle my back while I take a little snooze on the bean bag!
I inherited this love from my Dad. I remember as a kid playing "beauty parlor" Lindsey and I would get our hair stuff and brushes and we would pretend to shampoo his hair, comb and brush it softly, give little facial massage while we were at it! We thought our Daddy was so sweet to let us play this girly little game. It wasn't until later that we realized he was being sweet....but also enjoying a little relaxing as well. Sometimes he would even fall asleep!
How funny was it that I came out and found the girls playing "beauty parlor" with their Papa! Only they were smarter they took pictures of him. Maybe they could blackmail him somehow! Ha ha! I love my Dad so much.


3 comments:

Loftus' said...

WOW!! Lots of stuff going on with you guys!
Happy Birthday to Elly-Belly!! 8...8...I can't believe it! Time flies! Ashlin also LOVES to bowl! Congrats on your baptism - what a special day for you!
Glad you guys had a fun visit with your parents/grandparents!
Hope your family has a great Christmas!

J Fo said...

Your dad's the best! That's so freakin cute!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Merry (early) Christmas! Looks like a great one! We own that Diego backpack too. I makes all sorts of annoying sounds and sings annoying songs. You're going to LOVE it! ;)