Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Tooth and Sprouts

Bailey finally lost her first tooth! That is how she felt at least...waiting waiting waiting for a baby tooth to decide it was time. It was strange, her permanent tooth came in completely behind her baby teeth without pushing the baby tooth out. The big tooth was almost all the way up before the little one even became loose, you can see it in these pictures. She pulled it out on the bus and was "way excited" that the nurse at school gave her a little treasure box to put it in!

The Tooth Fairy was surprised to find a note left with the tooth~~sorry it is a little mangled.

I hope you can read it, my favorite part is "I promise to keep it a secret!" And then it never hurts to suck up a little..."I love the Tooth Fairy!" The sucking up didn't help her..not monetarily at least. We have asked to Tooth Fairy to only bring a quarter for each lost tooth! She eagerly obliges! Bailey did get to keep her tooth and she received word of where the Tooth Fairy lives, but I have been sworn to secrecy!

Bailey has been having some aches and pains in her legs. I keep telling her that she is having growing pains because she is getting bigger. Matt keeps saying she is hitting a growth spurt!
Well the other day she came down for breakfast and announced...

"I am having terrible sprouts! I have sprouts growing all over my legs AND arms!"

So growth spurts and growing pains = growing sprouts in Bailey's world.

I LOVE Bailey!

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

That's so cute! Connor got to keep his tooth as well. His Poppy (Grandpa) told him that when he was little, the tooth fairy let him keep all his teeth, so Connor had it in his mind that they tooth fairy was going to let him keep his tooth. Haha! Congrats on loosing a tooth Bailey!

TheShippenFamily said...

I remember having growing pains too when I was little! I love Baileys letter!

Michelle said...

That little letter is the cutest thing ever!!! I LOVE it!! What a sweetheart! I love the sprouts part too. She is so cute!!

Kelli Proctor said...

Oh wow, how cute is she!? Love her! And "growing sprouts", that is classic! Glad you wrote that one down! When do you come to visit?!

Loftus' said...

Seriously so cute! I love her note to the Tooth Fairy - so sweet! That is a keeper for sure!