Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just for laughs!

Cy has a funny face that he makes when ever we laugh at him a certain way. We tried so hard to get it on camera. Now he does it all the time, we've even started calling him "Squints"
Cy is a great kid and I love how much he loves his sisters. They are all little Moms to him and they take really good care of him. They run to him when he cries and help me with him all the time. But on the other hand, they love to wrestle with him and push him around. He will be no cupcake with these three older sisters. They wouldn't allow it. He and Taite probably play the best together, maybe because of their ages, but he loves being with her. They sit next to each other in the car and I turn around all the time and find them holding hands, then the next minute poking each other and laughing their heads off! Sometimes he grabs her shoe and pulls on her leg, it makes her laugh so hard, one day I snapped a picture.
I feel so blessed by our Heavenly Father, I don't think I could ever have guessed how much I love being a Mother. As hard as it most of the time, it is still so worth it. Each one of them has such a fun and different personality that there is never a dull moment around. They amaze me with their capacity to love and forgive, to be kind and have fun, to be crazy and be calm (somehow those moments are pretty few around our house!) The most amazing thing to me though is their ability to understand spiritual things. Their young testimonies help me realize I have a lot to learn. They are so sincere and innocent.
Ellery got to give a talk in Primary last week and we sat down to prepare. I got out some paper for me, and she looked at me a little confused, she said "I need to write it Mom" So I gave her the paper and read the topic, I asked her some questions and she wrote down her own answers and wrote up her little talk. She picked out some pictures to go along and was done, all by herself. It was simple and sincere and right on the money.
Thank Heavens I have a companion who values his role as a Priesthood holder so much and makes it easier for me to try to be a good mother.
The other day Matt and I were trying to figure out the last time that we really went and did something "fun" We just have so much fun around our house and our kids that it doesn't really matter. Our kids are our favorite entertainment!
Sometimes I can't believe that we are having another one, ALREADY, but then again of course we are! When this baby is born, Ellery won't even be 7 yet and we'll have 5 little ones! Now that is going to be a fun time! We can't wait! I really can't wait, this pregnancy has been quite a bit harder than the others. I am just so tired! What a whiner huh? I am lucky to have good little helpers and of course Mattie.
Enough rambling, a few more fun pictures, especially for our wonderful family in Indiana and Mamau in Oregon, who we don't see near enough! Love you all!
Actually, one more funny. Bailey was eating toast the other day, probably her 5th piece and I said, "Careful, you are going to turn into a piece of toast." Bailey looked at me and said, "Mom, maybe you need to come to my primary class with me, we learned that Heavenly Father makes us look like Him, NEVER a piece of toast!"






















5 comments:

TheShippenFamily said...

Such cute pictures!! Ella wants to invite Bailey over to play. When is good for you?
Also I would love to take your kids while you go to a dr appt or just run errands, whatever. Yes I do mean all 4! Let me know when.

Andrea said...

What cute stories! I love the toast one so I'm glad you threw it in at the end. Your kids are lucky to have such an awesome mom!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Bailey's toast story was so flippin' cute! By the way, Connor told me the other day that he is going to marry Bailey when he grows up. Maybe we'll be in-laws someday! :)

The Gibby's said...

Ron- is it you?? Is it really you?! I found you through Andrea's blog. You have such an adorable family and you are gorgeous! I want to send you an invite to my blog, but I don't want to be spammed. Do you have Andrea's email address? Maybe we can get in touch in a round about way.

Kelli Proctor said...

you guys are truely beautiful! We LOVE the Johnsons! I especially like that pic of Matt