Friday, June 20, 2008

Kids say the funniest things!

All kids say funny things, but it seems like 2 year olds are the most fun! Here are some of our favorites that Taitem has said just this week really.
*Taite is very polite, when she needs to get by she says "excuse me" but when she sneezes it becomes "ex-sneeze me"

*We have this huge love sac in our basement that the kids love to jump on. Taite climbs up high and then yells "Watch out belownie" I thought she was just yelling watch out below me, until I heard it a second time and nope she was calling out for some bologna apparently.

*The other day she fell pretty hard on the cement outside, off the front porch right onto her bum. She jumped up and cried "Mommy, mommy my puttocks my puttocks" The other girls were laughing, I wasn't aware that any of them even knew what buttocks were.

*Praying in our house is a big deal for the girls, they love saying the prayer. We are constantly trying to get the girls to understand that while it is great that they love to pray, they have to take turns and fighting about who gets a turn is really counter productive. So the other night when Matt called on Ellery, Taite was not happy. She pouted through the whole prayer (which with Ellery can be very lengthy) After the prayer Matt said "Thank you Ellery" Then we hear this pouty, slightly sarcastic little voice "And thank you TAITEM!"

*We had a friend over the other day that Taite doesn't know very well. The little girl had a hard time remembering everyone's names. She asked Taitem several times what her name was, she asked her again what her name was and Taite looked at her "I Taitem.... no, no, no ummmm I Cinderella!!!" Her face lit up at the thought like, wow I just moved up! She called herself Cinderella the rest of the night

*Taite has quite a sweet tooth and is constantly asking for treats, which we really don't have that often, but she holds out the hope I guess. She had been asking for days for M&M's and I, being pregnant and wanting chocolate most of the time myself, caved in. I didn't have M&M's of course, but I broke out a bag of chocolate chips. We ate some and she was satisfied. However my loving hubby has a major weakness with chocolate chips and ate the entire bag that night after the kids had gone to sleep. The next day Taite asked for some more chocolate chips and I kept telling her no. That wasn't working so I opened the cupboard and showed her that they were all gone. She looked dejected. She said "Where my chocolate chips go?" I said that Daddy ate them. An angry scowl came across her face. She paused and then went and got my phone. "I call Daddy now" I thought this could only get funnier so I called him immediately. She impatiently waited and then when he answered laid into him big time. She went on for a few minutes with only every 5 or so words understandable, but she was furious, lots of no no Daddy, Naughty naughty Daddy, Taitem's chocolate chips! It was so hilarious, this was quite a while ago though and honestly at least every other day she will come into the kitchen and get the same scowl "Daddy eat my chocolate chips all gone, naughty naughty Daddy!" She will not let it go. She told me the other day after asking AGAIN for chocolate chips "Mommy, chocolate chips wanna live in my mouth!" We don't have any remember Taite? "Oh Mommmmmy"




Bailey has had some funny ones lately-

*She is very expressive and the other day she started saying Hufongous, every thing even slightly large is HUFONGOUS! I think we will all replace humongous now.

*My parents have a pool that we love taking advantage of. I should preface this story by saying that Matt is famous for his Canon Ball jumps off the diving board. It creates the most hufongous wave and splash ever! My kids are so used to their Daddy's size and the "fun" it creates, they love taking their float tubes out right where he is going to jump and riding the wave in. Water spills up over the edge of the pool every time. But there is a problem this year with the pool and they are working to get it fixed, a leak somewhere I guess. The girls were bugging us to go up to Papa's pool, Matt said that we couldn't go because the water is coming out of the pool or something like that. He walked away and Bailey said very smart-assy if I do say myself "Well maybe Daddy should stop doing his Canon Balls all the time then!!"

*Bailey has a little problem with "the boy" Cyrus. She smothers him to death. He loves to play with her, but sometimes he really has a hard time with how much she hugs, kisses, squeezes, and generally bugs him. He is getting so big that he really gets upset with her. We are always on her about it. She says things like "I just can't help it" and "I just have to squeeze him". I told her the other day that she had him pinned down and was kissing him, that he was going to start hurting her if she didn't stop. Sure enough yesterday, she was laying on the floor and he actually came over to her and gave her a hug, but she wouldn't let go and his face was buried in her chest. She kept squeezing and squeezing, he was grunting and trying to push away. I told her to let go and as soon as I said that I hear this bloody murder scream! She jumped up and was hopping around holding her chest. "My BOOB, my BOOB!!!" I lifted her shirt, and he had almost drawn blood he bit her so hard! I told her that I tried to warn her, that he doesn't have any other way of communicating and basically an "I told you so" lecture. Here is my favorite part, 5 minutes later she was at it again.







This post is getting very long and my kids are screaming for me, but one of my favorite Ellery stories just popped into my head! We were in Indiana for Christmas and driving around somewhere. We passed this big sign that said "Welcome to Bluffton" I said, look girls this is where Daddy was born! Ellery looked around eagerly and said "But Mom....where is the barn?" I guess I have said that sarcastically one too many times!!

Ellie would jump off things all day long if she could. She also would make me take a picture of each and every one of them if I would.

I've got to add some of my boy! I love to look at Beef and his Dad, oh how I love to look at his dad!!!






5 comments:

J Fo said...

I LOVE all the pictures of your kids. They are all so dynamic and have such great little personalities. Emmy is getting HUFUNGOUS and I can't wait til she starts talking! Love ya!

Andrea said...

Cute, cute stories! I love them. P.S. So sorry I missed you and Hay for lunch. I hope you'll forgive me--let's plan a BBQ soon!

easleyfamily said...

So Cute! I was laughing all the way thru your post!

Lisa Dean said...

Dev, That was the cutest post to read. Your family is darling!

Kelli Proctor said...

oh wow, we seriously LOVE your family! You guys are hilarious, thanks for sharing all those stories, its some awesome Johnson family material to read! YES, we do need to get together and lets go out on the town this time, very soon! Love you guys! Oh yeah, and come on over to our pool and swim, that would be fun!