Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


This picture was actually father's day, but I thought it was so cute!
It was our Happy Anniversary this week!!! 8 Years already I can't believe that it has been that long, seems like yesterday! Then again it feels like I have known him my whole life!

You know these posts are always sappy, I'll try to keep it reader-friendly, but its very hard because I just love him so much. I know that the Lord must have been involved in getting us together because I really could never have known how perfect we would be for one another. I have never had to be anyone but myself with Mattie and he makes me feel like I am more than good enough.
I think that Matt got the short end of the stick though, he has to put up with a lot. I mean just add up the months of living with a pregnant wife! Okay, I can't take all the credit there. But he didn't marry one of those "cute girls", not so girlie at all. Most days he comes home and I look like I'm headed to the basketball court.

Anyway I am glad that Mattie likes plain old me and that we have so much in common. A perfect evening would be a playoff game, popcorn and some sweet Matt lovin! Sorry to offend anyone, but those of you who know us well are already well aware of how we are!! I just can't get enough of the man! I am so lucky to have married my best friend and my hero all in one. He is a wonderful husband, fabulous father, great provider and like I already said fantastic with the lovin!!
Thanks for the best 8 years of my life Hoss! You have made me the happiest woman around, thanks for putting up with me! And by the way, thanks for asking!

Who needs rides when you've got Mattie around? The girls love him to throw them around.One more story- Matt has really bad sleep apnea. He just got his breathing machine to help us both sleep better at night!! No more snoring, yea! He has to wear a mask and he was afraid that if the girls came up to him in the night that they would be scared. So when we got it, he showed them what it looked like on.
That night for family prayers, it was Bailey's turn. She said "Thank you that Dad showed us his sleep machine, so that we don't think he is an alien at night!"

I like this little alien though!

6 comments:

J Fo said...

Very Sweet. And, yes, I'm totally offended! ;) I don't think anyone in our family is offended very easily with that sort of stuff! I love Baily's prayer. Did she come up with the alien thing by herself or had you guys said that?! Funny!

The Johnson Family said...

no, nothing was said about aliens except from our very imaginative Bailey!

Andrea said...

Such an awesome post. I love that you still love the lovin'! You're funny! I don't think I've actually ever met your hubby, well besides your wedding reception, but he must be awesome to have been picked by you. You are way cooler than you give yourself credit!

easleyfamily said...

Happy 8 years! Jim and I were laughing so hard at all the "lovin" comments! We love it! And Bailey is so dang cute! We miss living by you guys!

Ash said...

Dev you guys have the best times. Love your family. Too cute!

Kelli Proctor said...

You guys have got to be one of the coolest couples we know! And I would hardly ever call you plain devyn, you are amazing, one in a million and georgeous! A perfect match for Matt! hey i heard you guys called this weekend and I was gone, lets go out this weekend!