Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Fun Daddy!"

I am married to the greatest guy! Those who know Matt well know that his only concern in this life is his family. He never cares to hang out with friends or concentrates on things for himself, he races home from work and runs to the kids. He is always helping me out and makes us his number one priority. Well he is slightly obsessed with fishing, but everyone has their flaws.
Every Saturday he makes breakfast, as the girls call them, Dad's World Famous Flapjacks from scratch. After that when Cy is ready for his first nap, he loads the girls up in the car and heads out for some Daddy daughter time, giving me some alone time!! I knew some of the things that they do...going to get a treat at the gas station or going to the car wash, funny things like that.
But one day Taite comes running in the house "Fun Daddy, Fun Daddy!" I just thought she had a great time. Then she runs around yelling "Doughnuts, Doughnuts!" So maybe they went and got doughnuts. Then I learned the truth...Doughnuts! Find a sandy spot, spin out until the kids get sick! That is what they have spent the last couple weeks doing. That and digging in the mountains anywhere they can! The girls love their fun Dad, just a big (okay, really big) kid!

6 comments:

Ash said...

Dev my finger totally went up that guys nose. So embarussing. Can you remember those days. We were crazy. So many fun memories. Your family is absolutely darling. You look so beautiful and your girls do too. And that little Cyrus is darling. My Easton was born on Oct. 15th last year. Neat that your not finding out. I am so glad you found me. I need to add ya to my friends list so we can keep in touch. Darling Family!! Love ya Dev. Miss ya.

Harmony said...

Our daddy has done that in the snow with my 5-year-old. It's a GREAT way to get a kid on your side! Seriously, it sounds like you have a wonderful husband and your kids have a terrific daddy!

Kelli Proctor said...

He is an awesome dad! Takes a special guy to raise all those girls, and boy, and whatever else may come soon! SO exciting! We love you guys!

Andrea said...

Devyn! Hey, this is Andrea (aka crunchies) from high school! It has been years since I've seen you--maybe since Wyview? All I know is that you only had one kid back then and look at you now! What a dang cute family! I am so happy to see the pictures of your big Cy. I have a son born a after Cy and he was 25lbs at his 1 year check up and I have yet (until now) seen a bigger boy! They could be friends! Anyway, I found you from Derek and Steph's blog and I'm glad I did!

My blog is private but I'd love to invite you so send me your e-mail if you want to check it out. anpaxfam at blogspot dot com.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I'm totally busting up about that story because it sounds like something MY husband would do. How about we set up a play date for our husbands & kids, & then you and I can have a "moms day out". So glad you found my blog. I added you to my list of family and friends if that's okay with you.

Megan said...

I'm so glad that you found our blog...I love keeping in touch this way! Maybe we will bump in to each other more often.