Sunday, November 21, 2010

Jump on in

The never ending fun of our never ending leaves. Our yard has more trees than I can count creating more leaves to rake than my little hands can handle. But our neighbor was a huge help with his leaf blower a couple of afternoons and thank heavens the kids and I had enough fun to finish the rest over a couple of WEEKS!


They were GREAT helpers, I am always so impressed with what great workers they are. It makes me very happy that they don't mind pitching in. It lets me know that all the chores they are required to do really are a good thing :)

They were amazing. Even Gus would get out his little rake and help me load up the tarps. With each and every single stroke he would declare "I got it!" It was adorable. I just can't describe how many leave there are, as a proud Utahn it is just crazy to me! We would rake up piles, load them on to tarps, then drag the tarp to the garden. Our garden is 40 feet by 60 feet and the entire garden was covered with over 3 feet of leaves. Crazy.

Then I burned it all up...no pictures because it was a little bit of madness keeping all the kids out of it and making sure it didn't all go up at once! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I must admit, I am a bit of a pyromaniac.

face plant and still coming up smiling :)

Good times

No comments: