Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Hoss

Next thing on my list of things I have missed is Mattie's birthday! The kids spent an entire afternoon planning a scavenger hunt for Matt to find his presents. It was pretty cute.

I LOVE Taite's face in this picture.

They sat Matt down and explained what he would have to do.

After about a dozen clever clues he finally got to the presents :)

This man is loved

Can't forget birthday spanks and then on to cake!
Matt's favorite black forest cherry cake yummmmm



The other night I had a dream. A dream so terrible my whole pillow was wet and my body was shaking. I lost my Mattie. I've had this nightmare before but it shakes me up every time. Thank heavens it was just a terrible nightmare, but it always leads me to be even more grateful than I usually am for this amazing man. I love him. I love him so very much.

Thanks Hoss. Thanks for being born...37 years ago, old man :) Thanks for being the husband and father you are. Thanks for leading our home and worthily holding the priesthood. Thanks for being an example. Thanks for making adorable little people with me. Thanks for being there for me so much this year. Thanks for being my best friend and putting the needs of me and the kids above your own. I hope you know how much we love you, adore you.

Thanks for having a nice rear view, it is one of my favorite things

Man I hate it when you have to go....but I sure like to watch you leave :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Happy birthday to Matt. What creative kids.