Sunday, September 26, 2010

South of the Border

I have the COOLEST parents EVER!! They decided that for Matt and my 10 year, Max and Sophy's 5 year, and their own 35 year anniversaries this year that they would take us all to MEXICO for an all-inclusive fantastico vacation! Hello! The gift of a whole week of bliss, best gift ever :) Cabo San Lucas here we come!

A whole week of un-interupted time with my very favorite person? Dream come true. Actually I was oh so very nervous about leaving my children for a whole week, but they were in very good hands (THANKS Aunt Becky!!) I just knew that I would miss them so so much, and I did. I won't bore you with how many times I cried, what can I say...I really enjoy those little people!

But oh how I enjoyed this for a week too!
Breathtakingly beautiful beaches where Mattie and I spent hours.
This beach is just outside our resort.

Here is the arch, it was so beautiful. A couple of days while we were there it was very stormy off shore which made for huge waves.

Here we are on our way out to snorkel. I think this was my favorite day! We went out on the boat and Matt got to fish. Then we had a fantastic Mexican lunch on the boat and then snorkeled for hours. I LOVE to snorkel.

Here is Mattie catching his fish.
It was a big old Mahi-Mahi

We went all around Cabo. We walked around all the markets and shops, which was not my favorite part of the trip because
a) I do not like walking around in the heat
b) I do not like shopping
c) I am a very bad haggler, I stink at it really
But hey, we had to get the kids some souvenirs so it was worth it ;)

We went to this cool glass factory where they blow glass by hand. It was really amazing, they are so skilled. They asked Matt to come up and help with a demonstration. I thought it was hilarious because he looks like a giant next to all these short little Mexican men.

It was so interesting to watch and then to see Matt do it.
I laughed because as usual, Matt doesn't know his own strength...he blew a hole right through it.

The the guy showed us what they do and in a matter of minutes he made this little whale.

Here was my haven...the pool. Beautiful, I just lounged there all day long. In and out of the pool. There was a floating bar in the middle where you could just wade over and order yourself a heavenly pina colada. The bartenders seemed shocked every time our group of 6 adults would make our way over and order our virgin drinks. It was like they were just waiting for the time one of us would just go ahead and drink up all the available alcohol :)

I think they especially got a kick out of Matt ordering his new favorite drink...a Winnie the Pooh!

Here is my new best friend, Sven the speedo wearing Swede. He cracked me up, this picture does not do justice of just how tight Sven's speedo was. Speedos need to be outlawed.

Max, Sophy and my Mom went parasailing.

This glass bottom boat made me smile :)

There were fancy dinners and dancing galore. Not by Matt and I of course :)
I do not dance. Thank heavens Maxi is quite light on his feet!

My BEAUTIFUL sister-in-law Sophy! Oh, and Max

Cabo is so beautiful and we had so much fun with Max and Sophy and my Mom and Dad. We got up and played basketball every morning and stayed up late and played cards every night. So much laughing and such a good time. I really loved being with them all and Mattie...well you all know I can't get enough of that guy!

Dinners on the beach, awwww I just LOVE this man of mine!

And these two...how can I ever thank them?! It was SO much fun!!!
I LOVE you Mom and Dad!



It was really sad. We had to stop calling when we knew Cyrus was awake because he had a REALLY hard time with us being gone. Really hard time. He cried obsessively and when I would talk to him on the phone he would just loose it and have the hardest time calming down. One time he got on the phone and cried and cried and asked me to "PLEASE come home from Mexico!!" Pronounced Mex-eeee-co. He said it over and over and then said "Mommy, just leave daddy in Mexico and come home to me!" We all know he is a total Mama's boy, but I thought Matt would get a little love :) Poor boy.

Taite was hilarious on the phone. She said "I really miss you Mom, and I want you to come back. I want to cry too, but Cy is crying SO much I don't want to cry too." Then she informed me of the injustice of it all, "Mommy, I really don't think it is fair that you get to be with Oma and not me." Then in classic Taitem style she added something completely random to finish off our conversation, "Hey Mom, I really need you to take a picture of a Chupacabra for me before you come home. Okay?"

Chuba-what-a? Where does she come up with this stuff? She said it every time she talked to us on the phone, so we knew that she was really interested. We didn't want to scare her at all though so we took a couple of funny "Chupacabra" pictures, she wasn't amused...she wanted the real deal.


4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

How fun is that?! Oh I am so glad you went! What a fun trip! Your parents are seriously amazing! What a gift!

This totally made me excited! Ryan and I are leaving on our 10 day get away the day after Thanksgiving! 7 of the days we will be on a cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. K. I have to stop talking about it. I am getting freakishly giddy! :)

So glad you had fun and good to know the kids survived! :)

I also laughed out loud at the thought of Matt ordering a Winnie the Pooh! Hahaha!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo beyond jealous! What a great vacay! I'm glad you enjoyed it & got to spend some one-on-one time with your hubs!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Wow, that sounds like such a fun vacation. It is hard to leave the kids, but such a blessing to reconnect and just have fun.

Megan said...

I'm jealous but I think you deserved it! If you parents are looking for other "kids" to take on exotic vactions I am up for adoption!!!