Thursday, September 23, 2010

Queen Taitem

It is Taite's Birthday!!! I can't believe that Taiter turned 5 this week and she is a Kindergartener, what the heck. I know every mother makes little comments of disbelief about how time flies each time their child has a birthday, but it is TRUE!

I feel like just yesterday I was at the hospital ready to meet my little 9 lb. 2 oz. angel. She came out kind of scary with the cord wrapped so tightly around that pretty little neck. But the moment they put her in my arms and she just nuzzled in, I was in love. Taitem just yawned and made cute little noises while we got reacquainted.

Taite was such an easy going, mellow, happy baby. Until she started to have her ear troubles and then she just wanted Mama all the time. We were tight. I spent hours upon hours just cuddling my sick little Taite. As much as I hated that she was always sick, I loved how close it brought us. We've got a bond Taitem and I. I love her so very much.

Taite has grown up into such a cute little girl. She would slap me right now, BIG girl! But she will always be my little Taitem :) She is very kind and loving, fun and witty. She cares about everyone in her family and tries very hard to show her love. She LOVES her older sisters and wants to do all they do. Taite LOVES her brothers and wants to watch out for them. She is awesome.

Taite had a fantastic weekend. First we went down to Ft. Wayne to Aunt Beth's house and decided to have a girl's night only for her birthday. We got her cousins, sisters and aunts and headed to Subway first. Then we came back to Aunt Beth's house and painted nails (Aunt Beth is very talented!) watched girl movies, opened presents and of course had cake and home made ice cream. She is so funny, she just wanted hostess cupcakes :)

Then on Monday for her actual birthday we had a little family party. She informed me the night before that she would like to be called Queen Taite for the whole day. She let me know that she would be a nice queen though, not a mean one who bosses everyone around, whew...good thing.

Grandpa came up and we went bowling and then came back for dinner of Taite's choice, pancakes and bacon with orange smoothies. Yum!

Here she is opening Oma's present that she bought and wrapped clear back a few months ago. Taitem totally forgot that she had told Oma when she was here that she wanted this present so she was pretty surprised and over-joyed. Love that face!

What a cute girl who I love dearly, there aren't words! My little Taiter Bug is growing up...stop it this instant!! She is so lovable and snuggable and kissable, she just can't grow up.
I refuse to let it happen :)
Thank heavens she informs me all the time that she will always be my girl and live
with me even, FoReVeR!
Fine by me :)

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

She is so cute! How is she in kindergarten? Are the cutoff dates different out there? Aiden turned 5 a few weeks ago & there was no way in H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS they were going to let him go into kindergarten. Oh well! Happy birthday Taite! You are a cutie!

Hunter Haven said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there for all the parties and celebrating for my Taite.

I would have enjoyed seeing her face as she opened her presents.

I also love all the cuddles on the big red love sack. Taitem has always been so kind and thoughtful of my feelings and how much I miss her. She makes my heart happy.


Taitem, I love you dearly and truly! Hugs from Oma

Kelli Proctor said...

She is so cute Devyn!! I love her and I love that you get to be with her, ,even forever! So fun to have those girl nights and now I get to have those too with my little girl! I LOVE it!