Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween!

Well Halloween was awesome and crazy! Matt had a wood cutting project at church and then a plot with one of his farmers, so he was out for the day. I decided to head down with the kiddos to Ft. Wayne to spend the day and go Trick or Treating with family. I am very happy that we went, it was such a great day. Of course in my hurrying to get everyone dressed, costumes packed, playpen, diapers, Halloween goodies... you know the drill~ I forgot my camera! Most of you know this would be devastating to me because I am so camera happy, so thank you to my wonderful mother-in-law for getting some pictures!

Ellery - Batwoman!
Bailey - Scary Witch!

Taitem - Kitty Cat!
She called herself a "pussy cat", funny girl

Cy - Superman
Super Cyrus!

Gus Gus - My little Froggy

Ellery wanted to be batwoman so badly, so I remembered
a costume my mom made when we were little and made her one
just like it. It was a big hit with Cyrus, so that is how he went
from a horse to Superman! Now I have to make Taite a pink
Super-Taite costume because she loved it so much!
Not lovin the costume, he didn't last very
long out in the cold either.
It was in the 40's for us-- brrrr!

Gavin as wolverine!

Lily another kitty!
I usually am not a fan of Halloween, but I will say I got into the spirit this year. It all started with an adorable decoration my Mom made me. It inspired me to actually decorate the house and the kids loved it!
Then we got a little more into it with the costumes instead of just seeing what we already had. It probably doesn't look like a very big deal, but for us it was a step up! I can't tell you how excited Ellery and Bay were to watch me sewing their costumes and trying them on along with Cy's. Then they were just so excited to get dressed up to go Trick or Treating, it was contagious.
Then Cy was cracking me up, he was bouncing down the street holding his Uncle Eddie's hand who he loves so much, just having a blast. Then every door we went to he just had this look of "I can't believe people keep giving me candy! This is amazing!" He was so adorable every time he got candy he would say "Oh, thank you!" Joyous.
I don't know, maybe I could be converted to a Halloween fan....maybe.

6 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

Looks like Halloween was a blast this year for you guys! And Devyn! I am SUPER impressed that you made all those costumes! YOu are the WOMAN!

easleyfamily said...

I remember Ellie in that Kitty costume...time sure flies by! They look so cute!

The Farrell Family said...

Nice job on the costumes Dev! Halloween is way cooler with kids. They make it so much more fun!

Loftus' said...

I hate when I forget my camera - I'm also camera happy when I have it, so I'm glad you were able to get some from family!! Your kids are so cute - LOVE the costumes!

Lindsay and Mike said...

You made those costumes?!? Geez, Devyn, stop making the rest of us look bad! ;)

Tiff said...

Such cute costumes! You made the costumes and you did Halloween without the help of your husband. You ARE making us all look bad! You are Supermom:)