Monday, October 20, 2008

Give me love, love, love, love, Crazy Love!

The girls keep asking me where "their" pictures with Gus are! They love him so much, it is so awesome!


Cy wasn't so sure at first, he wanted to look but not touch. Now that Gus is home, Cyrus gives him very little gentle kisses all the time!
Best pals I hope!


I remember when we only had Ellery and I was expecting Bailey, someone asked me if I was worried about having another baby. Worried that I would be able to love another child as much as I loved Ellery.

I have been so amazed by that thought. I feel so lucky to have experienced, 5 times now,
the multiplication of love within a family!

I feel like that is one of the greatest blessings our Heavenly Father has let us experience, as each new little spirit joins our earthly home. You aren't dividing your love, you get to watch it double many times over. Surely that is a small glimpse of how the Lord feels about us.


I am so thankful for my little family. What better way to feel that you are loved than to be given that wonderful gift.

Especially my Mattie here, my love, my companion and my friend. I was surprised when I turned the computer on the other day and read his post. I know some were probably irritated by his words, but it was for me. He is always validating me, supporting me, which is something we all need.

He knows what childbirth means to me and why the natural experience is so important to me. He has seen how sad it is to me when people make you feel weird or silly for your feelings about it. It has always been such a spiritual experience for me, words can not describe and obviously pain is not a deterrent. I appreciate his support more than I can say.

This birth was the most challenging in many ways, and true to to the course, the most rewarding and faith building as well.

Enough rambling, thanks for all your kind words and love! Here is one final picture of me with big dark circles under my eyes! Ahhh the joys of being a parent- right?!?

WE LOVE GUS!!!






16 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I love big babies because they are so darn cute right from the get go. I remember thinking when I was pregnant with my second that I couldn't imagine loving another child as much as I loved my first. Love truly is miraculous.

Kelli Proctor said...

seriously could not love you guys more! Devyn you look so beautiful and that baby is super handsome! I put a big congrats on my blog too for you guys! Love you guys! Congrats again! Dan and Kaylene just had their baby too!

Megan said...

Love, Love, Love all the pics. I hope that Cy and Gus are best of friends and I hope they learn to scare off all the boys that will be chasing your cute girls around! I wish you the best in getting back to your routine and finding lots of time to take naps!!!

Harmony said...

Dev,
Your family is absolutely beautiful. Your posts are brilliant and sincere. I appreciate your honesty earnestness. Your kids have to be some of the luckiest I know. Thanks for being such a wonderful example.

J Fo said...

I love that picture of Matt making the same face as Gus! Priceless!

Sara said...

Congrats Dev! He's a cutie! Hope everything went well with your move. We're not too far from one another! Hope you're liking the Mid-West. Congrats again...cute family!

Katie McCaul said...

You guys looks so cute! I am glad everything is going well...i don't know if you even remember me i was in your ward and you came to my house before you moved. I was really sad one of the ladies i thought could be my friend moved away. Glad you are doing good.
your baby is so darn cute!

easleyfamily said...

You look great! He is adorable!

Andrea said...

My favorite picture is Gus with all the girls. SUCH CUTE KIDS!! I love this post and the beautiful things you wrote about childbirth and motherhood!

Joanna said...

It was fun to come across your blog and see what a beautiful family you have. How awesome to have such cute kids.

Congratulations!
Joanna (Rhien) Ellis

Ash said...

Dev your an awesome awesome Mom. Wow. So neat. You have a darling family. Does that make number 5. So cool Dev. Little Gus is so precious.

Loftus' said...

Such cute pics!! Congrats, he is a cutie and looks just like his dad. It's amazing how much love you have to share with your other kids after your first one - each one comes with it's own spirit and personality and you love each one differently, yet the same. GOOD LUCK!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Soooooo cute!

Dave and Raquel said...

I love how much you love your kids and your husband! It is so great knowing that you are so happy! I agree completely with you...there is nothing more special than being a wife and a mother! Congrats, Gus is beautiful!!!

Herlean Family said...

Congrats, dev. He's beautiful. I can't believe you have 5 babies. we are so freaking old. Hope all is well. KRisty

Deidre said...

Dev, I'm proud of you. You did it again!!! My very wise father-in-law once told me to never appologize for having children, and lots of them. The world would make us think otherwise but we know what is most important. And you and Matt are and will be blessed for your choices. Love you guys!