Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nauvoo

Well here we go, I am going to try my best to catch up on our CrAzY summer!! I was bound and determined to make it back to Utah for a nice long visit this summer, finding out days before our departure that we were moving and finding out we were pregnant could not alter my big plans. See moving to Indiana 3 years ago, we have fallen way short of my quota for sufficient Utah visits :) I was intent on having a fantastic visit squeezing in all that we possibly could.

I had planned to visit for a whole month! I was going to drive out by myself with the kiddos, then Matt would fly out for a week or so and drive us home. I had planned some fun along the way to break the trip up a little since I am no long-haul driver like Mattie. Well, lucky me, my Mom decided to fly out to Indiana and just for "fun" she would make the long 2100 mile 35 hrs of driving time trip with me and a car full of 5 road warrior kids. Is my Mom the best or what? Honestly.


The Mighty Mississippi! The kids were so excited and were dying to get in it :)

I think my kids' absolute favorite thing in the world is Oma, they were in Heaven having her on the trip.
Of course we know how Taite feels about Oma so for her that is an understatement.


The children's pioneer park was their absolute favorite part. They wanted to stay for hours pretending to live the frontier life. They loved it so much we had to come back the next day before we left just to touch up on their pioneer skills.
Pioneer cuties :)


My Mom even found something to entertain herself, and she was dang good at it!

This majestic temple is just awe inspiring, it makes me emotional just to see it. You can't help but have your thoughts turn to the Prophet and leaders and all the early Saints who went through so much and gave all they had. I love Nauvoo so much and each time I go my testimony is strengthened.


1 comment:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I love them in their pioneer clothes, too cute.