Monday, December 6, 2010

The Whistler

Cy gets "the hiccups" a lot. He always announces when he has "the hiccups."
The other day he comes running up to me and excitedly exclaims,
"Momma, I got the whistles!"
The Whistles.
I am kind of impressed that he has already taught himself to whistle.
He whistles constantly!

If we are singing at church, he whistles.
If we are singing at Family Home Evening, he whistles.
Christmas songs in the car (boy we like to belt it out!) he whistles.
The Whistler.

We are tight, Cyrus and I :)
He was looking at a bridal picture of me hanging on the wall.
"Momma, are you going to wear that dress when we get married?"
Ahhhh.

AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN!
I can't count how many times since our return from Mexico
Cy has asked for reassurance that I am not going back.
If I am going to the store, "Mommy, you are NOT going to Mexico, right?"
At bed time, "Don't go to Mexico, okay?"
Even randomly, "I'm glad you are not going to Mexico :)"
Always pronounced Mexeeco.

This weekend he said, totally out of the blue.
"I have a great idea!" as he pats my face.
"Daddy can go to Mexeeco!!! All by himself and you stay with me!!"
Ouch for Daddy, Loves for me!

6 comments:

Big Boy said...

What a funny boy, I'm so glad he's with us. He totally gets the whistling from your side of the family, and he totally gets the big noggin from me!

Lisa Dean said...

I love this post! He is so cute!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Kari Davis said...

oh I love it! How cute is that! Love happy kids... definitely a result of Happy Parents

Katie McCaul said...

That is so sweet! Love the comment of when you guys get married...Your family so cute. I love what your daughter told the boy that called her ugly! SHE is right she is so pretty. Your area looks so gorgeous so many huge trees.

Kelli Proctor said...

oh my goodness! I LOVE him!