Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We are OFF!

Well, we are in Utah now...WaaHOOO! I am going to be out of the blogging game until we get back and we'll have tons of stories I am sure. I just wanted to write down a couple of precious little stories from when I was in the hospital before I forget them.

Matt brought the kids over to visit me while I was in labor and thank heavens before all the fireworks started. I was frustrated and so relieved to have all my babies come and give me love. Cy was very nervous when he saw me there in bed with the IVs and all that stuff. He came over and said "Momma, you hurt?" He climbed up on my lap and gave me his classic Cy loves complete with humongous hugs and sloppy kisses that I love!
He would get down for a second but then he would want to be right back up in my lap to make sure I was alright. When Matt said it was time to go, Cyrus came over to my bed and said, "Okay, lets GO!"
I told him that I had to stay and he became very sad, "Mommy, get UP! Get UP! You not stay here, Cyrus need you!" It was so sad. He sobbed the whole way out. All the nurses came in and said that he was crying all the way down the hall "Mommy!"

When I did come home, he woke up in the night and I came into his room. He said, groggily, "Mommy...you here! You NOT go back to the Doctor's house, stay wiff Cy Cy!"
Doctor's house instead of hospital, cracks me up. I just love that boy so much!


I also thought it was so precious to hear how Taitem explained to her cousin all that had happened. Gavin came to stay with his Mom to help us out with the kids while we were at the hospital. Gavin ran up to Taite (they are great friends!) and was so excited that we were having the baby!! Taite said "Oh, Gavin. The baby died already. We don't get to bring the baby home. But it is okay because he gets to go and live with our Heavenly Father."
She paused and then finished, "Actually, that is a really good thing becauase Heavenly Father is SO very nice! Plus he gets to stay with Emma until we get up there!"
I am so glad that all the kids have such a good outlook on things. It just melts my heart.

7 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Ohhhhhh...both those stories melted my heart! How sweet!

J Fo said...

Wow. That is the sweetest explanation that Taite gave. It shows that her parents are teaching her very well!

Michelle said...

Sweet Sweet kiddos!! I know you usually take care of them, but it sounds like they are doing a great job taking care of you. I love Cy's empathy, and Taitem's sweet explanation. Thank you for sharing. Love you Dev!!

The Gibby's said...

Such cute stories Ron! Can't wait for Tuesday! Safe travels!

Lindsey said...

Oh, your kids are too adorable, just like you! I love the "doctor's house" story... too cute.

Love you tons and I hope you're having fun in Utah! Give extra loves to everyone for me!!

Loftus' said...

Your kids are too cute! I hope things are going well for you and your visit to Utah will be fun!!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

What sweet kids.