Monday, March 28, 2011

The return

And I make my triumphant return. My blogging hiatus is now complete and I am back. I am not going to attempt to catch up on all the that I have missed, but I think I will give a little update on each kiddo :)

Gus is a whirlwind. You can't turn your back on him for a moment. He is absolutely the most adorably mischievous little morsel that you ever did see. He is a nugget of cuteness wrapped around aggravation that I could just smack and then eat right up. He drives me crazy, CRAZY!!

Gussy's hair got really long all of the sudden. I gave him a bad haircut. I still maintain that it was not my fault. He would not hold still! He wiggled and squirmed, obviously not in the mood and kept offering hopefully, "Aaaaall done!" I was determined. However, he could not sense my resolve. He was darting back and forth like mad Gazelle! (Do Gazelles dart?) I don't know, but I do know he was driving me nuts. It was getting worse by the moment, deteriorating with each snip. He would NOT hold still, what is he, 2? I tried to fix it, desperately, daringly cutting away.

I have always successfully cut the boys' hair and lots of time the girls', I am too cheap you know. But this was a lost cause. I quit, caved, gave up. Then I stared. Something was really not right, maybe the way the hair was framing my adorable son's face. A flash of recognition. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there it was a spark of an image. I could not figure it out, gaze as I might! I was irritated about it. I couldn't start snipping again, we see where that got us.

Then Matt walks in a solves the riddle... he is Lloyd Christmas. My son, is a miniature Lloyd Christmas. We can't say "D and D-er" because my boy is much too smart, no, brilliant! :), to be mentioned in the same sentence as that. But it was freaking me out non the less, a mini. The bad haircut had taken a turn for the worse with this realization. It didn't last long though before I shaved off every last resemblance of Jim Carrey in his Dumb and Dumber days. Ooops, I said it.

He is a cheeser, fo sure!

So stinkin Cute!!

Sometimes he drives me crazy because he is so adorable, sometimes because he is such an unbelievable menace. There is another category of the disgusting and vomit-ous, truly this kid has done some gross things, but we will save that for another day :)

If I fold a basket of laundry, without fail I can put it anywhere for 2 seconds and he has dumped it all out. He is obsessed with eating out of my sugar containers, partial to brown sugar. I move them, he finds them. He just walks around saying "Tasteeeey" and I know he has helped himself to as many spoonfulls as he can shove in his mouth. He loves, LOVES to open a drawer and kindly remove all of its contents just for fun. I find my unders in the most random places!

He takes off with our shredded cheese container and dumps the whole 2 1/2 lbs out and just starts to eat from the pile off of the floor. He plugs sinks and then over flows them constantly. I can't tell you all the things we fish out of the toilet, including his face. Flashlights in fishtanks. Lotion, Oh how he LOVES lotion...our poor cat.

I am tired just thinking about it.
Here is a story that typifies just one portion of a morning with Gus.

We take child proof to a new level. We have all the regular stuff, but this kid will get into things so quickly. He is constantly making messes of everything and can open the majority of child proof contraptions. All of our doors have chains on them because he is a major flight risk. There are times for his own safety or the safety of our home that I have to gate him in the playroom, I mean a girl's gotta take a shower once in a while. We have a couple of gates we put up on the playroom door, because just one is easily breached, and then I get what I need to done. Oh alright, sometimes I just need a little break people! He takes a lot of energy :)

There is a door to the garage in the playroom, but we have a chain on it, of course way up high. Well the other day I was busily packing for a short trip and I was running late. I just needed 5 minutes uninterrupted to finish up. I put him in prison...I...I mean the playroom! and hurried to make my departure (insert angelic chorus singing! :)

I quickly noticed it was quiet, too quiet. When out of the corner of my eye I spot something out the window. Gus. Gus was outside, totally naked, on the driveway, in the pouring rain, splashing in puddles. Shake what your Mama gave ya!

This kind of stuff is every day people!! The next day I witnessed how he managed it. Well, almost because this picture is of the front door and its chain is about 6 inches lower and that tall bucket was not in the playroom with him. Plus he got the garage door open, I don't know how he reached the button. All of this in maybe 2 minutes!

Freedom!

I found him the other day on top of the washing machine. He pour 2 gallons of liquid detergent out. I was kind of peeved at Cyrus because I just assumed he helped Gus up there since there was nothing for him to climb on. Then the next day when Cy was still sleeping Gus got up there again and again there was nothing to climb on. I was perplexed. I put him down and told him to climb up again. I had a flattened thin cardboard box that I was saving to send a present in slid between the washer and dryer. He used JUST his 1 big toe to stand up on the edge of the flat box and shimmy his way up. Sigh.


He can throw a fit like any 2 year old.

Winding up...
Letting it fly!

But mostly he is just Happy Gus.
He is constantly hugging, snuggling and planting sloppy kisses all over my face.
All day he generously hands out "I wuuuuuv you" with a big squeeze around my neck.
Oh, he melts my heart.

My Goose

5 comments:

Megan said...

WOW...he is one cute, smart stinker!

Michelle said...

Holy cow!! And I thought my 2 year old was crazy!! He totally wins!! What a cute little smart pants! Glad to see you back!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh my goodness! He is a smarty pants! I can't believe he figured out a way to get the chain off that door. That is unbelievable! You must sleep well at night girlie. :)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Ah, yes, the so fun adventures of a mischievous 2 year old. Good luck with that.

The Johnson Family said...

gus is so cute and funny
love you mom. ellie