Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Repencil

Cyrus is my little man, as loving as he is big. We have a sweet relationship, he is very protective of his Mama. He tells me all the time that I am "The prettiest Mama I ever sawed" How on earth do I deserve this little guy?!

The other other day I was giving Matt some grief, which of course I love to do you know. My hair is getting really long, which he LOVES. I told him that I was going to cut all of my hair off. He always makes a fuss when I say that, guilting me into keeping it long. But I told him he doesn't play with it anymore or even compliment it (whine whine) for what a pain in the butt it is to take care of, he doesn't appreciate it enough :) I am done, I'm cutting it ALL off, I declared! It must have been a really ugly day, shamelessly fishing for compliments like I was. But I got the boost I needed though.

Cy literally comes running in from the other room "Noooooooo! No Mommy! Don't cut off your hair, it is so long and pretty!" Ahhh, the appreciation I was looking for. "Mommy, you can't cut your hair, I wuv it. You look like Repencil!" Melt my heart. "You're my Repencil!" Tear.


Cy turned 4! He just had a birthday and I can't believe how much he is changing.
He is very smart and inquisitive. He loves to learn new things and do new things.
He loves his family and takes great care of his sisters.
He and Gus are great little pals. It is so fun for me to see.
When Gus gets really upset about something Cy will ask,
"Gus, do you need a hug? Come here buddy."

Indy is apparently getting to Cy! He loves to RACE! He and Gus go round and round the living room and kitchen all day, RACING!! So we decided on a racing cake of course. He was so happy and I was so happy because anything involving cake AND mashed up Oreos can't be anything but fantastic!

A great day and a great boy

One last funny. Cy has more clothes than anyone I know. Thanks to our generous hand-me-downers (I LOVE them, they save me from having to shop!) So, all these clothes and all of the sudden Cyrus tells me that he won't wear any of his 80 pairs of jeans any more. He just wants to wear his athletic pants every day. What ever floats your boat dude, I just figured we had the same sense of style :)

Then one day he ran out of those pants that he loved, the laundry lady was a little behind! He said "Mama. I can't wear jeans!" I said he would just have to today. He wouldn't budge and then said "Mommy, I have had it with those zippers!" I thought I had figured it out, it was just too hard for him to zip! "I'll zip them for you buddy!" "No! I am tired of those zippers biting my wiener!!" Poor guy had a painful wardrobe malfunction one too many times.


4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love the zipper story! I've always wondered if that would be an issue for males. Guess I know now. ;0)

easleyfamily said...

It's so fun to catch up with your family again...I've missed it! I was just thinking about you guys the other day! I can't believe how everyone is growing...CRAZY! Super cute kiddo's for sure!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

What a sweet boy. I need someone like that. Sad little wiener story.

Kelli Proctor said...

you are the prettiest mama I ever sawed too! Your little Cy and Gus are the cutest! LOVED your blogs about them! Cant wait for June to see you guys, when you wrote that I realized thats not too far away! YEA!!!!!